Effective Date: August 30, 2015
Fitbod collects information about you when you use our mobile application and website (collectively, the “Services”) and through other interactions and communications you have with us.
SCOPE AND APPLICATION
This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) applies to persons anywhere in the world who use our apps or Services as a fitness tracker or to view recovery state or to plan personalized workouts or any other services provided by Fitbod (“Users”).
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you enter personal information, workout information, your health, fitness and/or body, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, health and fitness information, and other information you choose to provide.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
• Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we may collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
• Information you provide to us: When you interact with the Services you may elect to provide your email address and other personal information.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect about you to:
• Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to monitor what Services you use, do not use, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, develop safety features, and send product updates and administrative messages;
• Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
• Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of Fitbod and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
• Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
We may transfer the information described in this Statement to, and process and store it in, the United States and other countries, some of which may have less protective data protection laws than the region in which you reside. Where this is the case, we will take appropriate measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this Statement.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Statement or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
THROUGH OUR SERVICES
We may share your information:
• With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
• With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public; and
• With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our Services, or those with a Service with which we integrate.
OTHER IMPORTANT SHARING
We may share your information:
• With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
• In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
• With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our User agreements, Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Fitbod or others;
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
• If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
• In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Fitbod will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Fitbod does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you provide us with consent to do so.
CHANGES TO THE STATEMENT
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, or to the Statement, we will provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the Statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org