Lead iOS Developer
We’re looking for a lead iOS developer to join Fitbod! You’ll have a rare opportunity to work directly with technical founders to build the infrastructure supporting the next phase of growth for Fitbod. As an early hire in a pivotal role, you’ll not only have strong influence and ownership over the iOS data layer, but also help navigate uncharted business and technical challenges.
Are you passionate about fitness and want to transform the way people reach their personal health goals? Do you want to work on a small team that loves to execute quickly, ship thoughtful features and impact thousands of users? Are you down to dabble in a database of 30 Million strength-training data points?
Join us as we build the future of fitness.
- Architect, write and deploy the client side persistent data store (sqlite, core data or equivalent) and API layer.
- Utilize modern networking (sockets, HTTP, TCP, UDP) for secure client/server communication.
- Define engineering process, interview new candidates and cultivate an engineering team.
- Think broadly about technical and product strategy.
- Integrate 3rd party APIs (parsing incoming data feeds, syndicating content out).
- B.S. / M.S. Computer Science degree or 4+ years in software development experience.
- 4-6 years of object-oriented software development, with 2+ years of iOS engineering.
- Strong proficiency in Swift, iOS SDKs such as UIKit, Core Animation and cocoa frameworks.
- Good working knowledge of modern networking (sockets, HTTP, TCP, UDP).
- Experience in crafting technical stacks, including API design techniques.
- Proficiency in iOS automation and unit testing frameworks
- Experience with version control in a team environment (strong knowledge of GIT is a must).
Bonus if you have the following:
- High level knowledge of machine learning principles, statistical modeling or regression analysis.
- Fitness-minded, practicing strength-trainer or posses knowledge about strength-training best practices.
About the company:
Headquartered in San Francisco at Raise the Bar Fitness, Fitbod is backed by angel investor Jason Calacanis and TechNexus Venture Collaborative. The company was founded by Allen Chen (CEO / Technical Head) and Jesse Venticinque (Product Head, Designer). Additionally three certified personal trainers help build in the best practices of strength training into our products. Fitbod has been live in the App Store since late 2015 and ranks in the top-100 Health & Fitness apps.
At Fitbod, our mission is to equip the world with expert fitness coaching. Our ultimate aim with Fitbod is to foster a more productive and functional populace through a worldwide dedication to physical fitness. Read more about how we realize this vision: https://www.fitbod.me/blog/2017/12/14/strength-training-will-lead-in-the-future-of-fitness
Fitbod in the news: https://www.fitbod.me/press/
Please send us a note about why you're a phenomenal fit for this job, and include a resume or Linkedin profile link. A great way to stand out is to be an active Fitbod user or recently tried the product.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.